hlshd download speeds

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Jul 21 17:25:36 PDT 2016

On Thu Jul 21 22:19:27 BST 2016, RS wrote:

> If I need to download a file larger
> than 4GByte from get_iplayer
> (snip)
> I'll have to do it to an internal NTFS drive.
> I can then use ffmpeg to split it into FAT32
> compatible files so I can use the satellite
> receiver to play them.

Many thanks for the detailed explanation :-)

> You could also have asked me
> how I handle files with colons in the names.

 In all honesty, how could I?
This is the GiP mailing list and my query was
particular to GiP video files; GiP by default
removes/replaces all Windows forbidden characters
from filenames, so what you mentioned is
something I have never faced with GiP
produced video/audio files. Plus, I had no
prior knowledge of the way your SatReceiver
saves filenames (i.e. with extant colons).
So no, I couldn't have...

 Nevertheless, thanks for that extra bit of info,
which might prove useful to others;
I, for one, have learned that
1. Colons (:) are allowed in Linux
2. dir /x can be used in Windows to show short paths
(old DOS 8.3 naming convention).
>From a "SuperUser" reply I also found
the following batch file, "ShortNamePath.cmd"
@ECHO OFF
if '%1'=='' (%0 .) else echo %~s1

PAUSE

which prints the short path of current directory...

Cheers,
Vangelis.