get_iplayer downloads .ts files

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Jul 18 09:00:43 PDT 2016

On 18 July 2016 at 12:26, John Rose <john.aaron.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

in general, please either post to the get-iplayer mailing list (in cc)
or post a question on the forums at www.squarepenguin.com.
... but having said that...

> I've just installed get_iplayer v2.95-ppa25~trusty emanating from your ppa.
> It downloads TV programmes as .ts files (e.g. dad's Army and the Proms.
> These files play OK, but cannot be edited or converted to .flv or .mpg
> formats either using ProjectX or using Avidemux. Please tell me what's
> happening with the BBC Player and how I may edit these .ts files.

By default, get-iplayer has produced .mp4 files for a long time, and
it still does.  So there's something in the way you've configured it
that's producing .ts files.  most likely you've asked it to produce
raw files.

what's the result of this command in your configuration?
$ get_iplayer --prefs-show

Jon