Disabling television mode

S Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:31:22 PDT 2016

On 12 July 2016 at 17:56, Roger Bell_West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
> So, while away from home, you must unplug your laptop before running
> get_iplayer or watching anything downloaded by it. Which gets back to
> the reason I started this thread, because I assumed people would know
> this stuff or be capable of looking it up: my server is not at my
> address, and is mains powered.

It hasn't stopped people from recording things at home on a VCR/HDR
while they're not there. You're reading far too much into this. Move
on with life. As long as you've got a licence they aren't really going
to care, it's those that don't have a license that they will (be
trying to) go after, that's the whole point of closing the loophole.