Disabling television mode

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:23:45 PDT 2016

On 12 July 2016 at 17:08, Roger Bell_West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 05:02:50PM +0100, Colin Law wrote:
>>On 12 July 2016 at 08:27, Roger Bell_West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
>>> We know that as of 1 September a TV licence will be required to
>>> download TV programmes from the BBC.
>>I did not know that.  Did I miss something?  Presumably so.
>
> http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/bbc-iplayer-and-the-tv-licence

Thanks.  I knew there had been an announcement that it was going to
happen, but did not realise that the law had been changed.

In that link it says that one needs to be "covered by a TV licence".
Do we know what the definition of that term is?  I am thinking of the
case when one is watching or downloading away from home.

Colin