[ANN] get_iplayer 2.95 released

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 16:14:01 PDT 2016

On 03/07/16 18:18, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> Release notes:
>
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release295

First I would like to add my thanks to those of others for the hard work
put in to keeping this treasured resource alive and well.

I have installed 2.95 on my openSUSE Leap 42.1 (KDE) system and have a
few of questions:-

When I run get_iplayer in console I used to get over 1000 tv programmes
listed.  Now it is only about 230.  Why is this?

I also get two warnings that deprecated options will be removed in
future release.  The warning concerns rtmpdump.  Should I delete this
option now or ignore the warnings.

At present I have in my options
tvmode = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal

I understand this is now redundant so I tried to delete with:-
get_iplayer --prefs-del tvmode =
flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal

Nothing was deleted.  What am I doing wrong?

I download a few third programme classical music files.  Do I need to
add radiomode = best or is that automatic?

Grateful for advice when somebody has time.