GIP 2.95 reports as v2.83 in Linux Mint!!!

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon Jul 4 11:05:10 PDT 2016

On 04/07/16 18:57, Roger Bell_West wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 06:53:28PM +0100, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>> Just going back to the comment you made earlier, how come the system still
>> "knows about" the uninstalled program? I would have thought that uninstalling
>> it would be the end of the matter?
> I'm not interested in a personal correspondence.

Sorry, I clicked the wrong button, I meant to send it to the list.

I'll try again.......

On 04/07/16 18:42, Roger Bell_West wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 06:34:25PM +0100, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>> On 04/07/16 18:27, Roger Bell_West wrote:
>>> dpkg -l |grep -i iplayer
>> Thanks Roger
>>
>> dpkg -l |grep -i iplayer
>> rc  get-iplayer 2.83-1                                              all
>> download/stream available BBC iPlayer TV and radio programmes
>>
>> So how do I uninstall that?
> Taking the conversation back to the list for the benefit of anyone
> else:
>
> That package is not installed (you've already removed it, and the
> system still knows about it).
>
> So what _was_ the result of "which get_iplayer" that Colin asked
> about?

Sorry I didn't see Colin's reply as it was in my Inbox (normally my gip
mail gets forwarded to my GIP folder, which is where I was awaiting
replies - but not if people reply direct and copy to the list, LOL)

There is a blank response to "which get_iplayer" as I uninstalled both
get-iplayer and get_iplayer.