[ANN] get_iplayer 2.95 released

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sun Jul 3 12:42:37 PDT 2016

It's a matter of how much time I have to spend on things. I have a Pi model B (512MB) running dnsmasq as a DNS cache. But I go months between logging into it, and I cross my fingers when I change things that I don't break it. Installing get_iplayer on it is way more than I'm comfortable getting into.

As for being encouraged to upgrade to more secure versions of windows, what like Windows 10 which could any time it chooses delete get_iplayer or any other software Microsoft decide is a bit dodgy legally? No thanks.

I don't have a long term plan, I'm hoping Microsoft see sense and extend Windows 7 or something like that. Failing that I may either stick with Vista forever or upgrade to Win 7 and stick with that forever. All the alternatives are very unappealing, and that includes running Linux. I have some software I need that only runs under Windows.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK