Getting a lot of this lately...

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sat Jan 23 09:34:49 PST 2016

On 21 January 2016 at 22:50, John Reay <john.reay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 59760037, current:
> 59759616; changing to 59760038. This may result in incorrect
> timestamps in the output file
>
> get_iplayer manages to create a mp4 that's playable. Should I be worried.
>
> Ubuntu 14.04.3 get_iplayer 2.94

this has cropped up before, but I don't think anyone established
definitively why this happens sometimes.  I suspect that if rtmpdump
stalls and restarts it sometimes produces this, which in general I've
interpreted as there being either an overlap (when the number goes
backwards) or a gap (when it jumps).  redownloading seems to fix it.
But if the file is playable, I probably wouldn't worry.

Cheers
Jon