Rack Pack

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jan 18 13:54:22 PST 2016

On Mon Jan 18 21:34:55 GMT 2016, Miles wrote:

> I'm trying to download the Rack Pack from iPlayer,
> but I can't seem to find it using get_iplayer or the web interface.

Hi - The "Rack Pack" is a BBC offering
exclusive to iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03bv0t5/the-rack-pack

As such, it won't appear in the tv.cache (schedules based):
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release293#1-tv-listing-feeds

> It also does not include web-only programmes
> ("BBC iPlayer Exclusives").
> Only programmes in the broadcast channel
> schedule listings will be indexed.

You may fetch by the "pid" method:

get_iplayer --pid=p03bv0t5 --modes=best

(will get you the flashhd mode - if you prefer
the HLS mode, try --modes=hlshd)

If you are accustomed to using the GUI,
then in the "Quick URL" input field just
paste the iPlayer URL of the prog (I referenced
that in the start of my e-mail) and click "Record".

Hope I've helped :-)
Cheers,
Vangelis.