Temporary patch GIP

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 10:19:07 PST 2016

On 14/01/2016 17:06, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Thu Jan 14 09:25:01 GMT 2016, Andy Wedge wrote:
>> If, like me, you use Windows
>
> The following wiki entry:
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/githeadwin
>
> used to contain detailed instructions for Windows, alas no more...

I'm guessing you know this Vangelis, but for other who perhaps don't you
can access previous versions of a GitHub wiki page, either by cloning
the wiki using git itself or your git tool of choice and reviewing the
commits, or you can click the '13 revisions' link under the page title
on the web page.

From there you can compare the various commits and therefore compare the
one that removed the details to the last revision to have them. In this
case the top two revisions compared will give you the full details.

You could then save the details for yourself or whatever you wish to do
with them.