get_iplayer currently broken...

Majid HUSSAIN mhussaincov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 01:17:20 PST 2016

hi all,
get_iplayer git has a temp fix
it will function for urls and pids.

Temporary patch to restore downloading via --pid and --url
Temporary response to BBC destruction of XML data sources in Jan 2016.
Resurrects old bodges to use JSON playlist and episode page scraping
to locate programme metadata. Some audiodescribed/signed programmes
will be missing and some tagging information will be incomplete. This
is only a temporary patch until more work can be done. It does not
restore programme data indexing and caching, so search functions are
still unavailable.

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/tree/develop

kind regards,
Majid Hussain