320kbps radio audio available via MPEG-DASH

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 06:41:43 PST 2016

I think I now need to sort out switching to HLS for radio fetching rather
than RTMP! :-)

I've been talking to someone, and my initial AIUI is...

The 320k via HLS has been available for some months for most of the BBC
stations. The focus has since been on having this also via MPEG-DASH, plus
allowing the bitrate to be adaptable under the control of the
player/client. They are also working on removing avoidable level
compressions and providing streams that conform to the AES recommendations
on 'loudness'. Some of this has been reported on the BBC blogs as well.

Say more when I can get more details and make sense of them.

I'll see if I can make sense of what has been said here about using HLS for
radio and give it a try.

Jim