Back on Highway 61

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Feb 19 12:27:29 PST 2016

On Fri Feb 19 13:32:30 GMT 2016, Computing wrote:

> Thanks everyone, case closed!!!

 Hello again, Martin!

 I don't want to assume the part
of the "fat lady", but one of your queries
remained unanswered:

> when I search for "Music Extra"
> it does not find anything.
> Is that a problem or
> do I have to go and pick
> out the single programs??

"Back on Highway 61" is the title of the
episode with pid=p03dzcf7. Even if you
force-refreshed your radio cache:

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --force

you wouldn't have found this specific episode
inside it, since it was first broadcast on
Sat 30 Jan 2016 16:06GMT, i.e. more
than 7 days ago - this is as far back as the cache
of GiP 2.94 can go...

OTOH, "Music Extra" is a brand name
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0380g6h
with brand pid=p0380g6h.
To perform a search for brand, in theory
you should've used the --fields switch,

get_iplayer --type=radio --fields=brand "Music Extra"

but my radio.cache does not contain a "brand"
column, so even that is not possible, I think...

However, if numerous episodes of the brand
"Music Extra" were available for download,
then issuing:

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p0380g6h -i

would have yielded:
=========================
INFO: Brand pid detected
INFO:  Brand: 'Music Extra' (p0380g6h)
(snip)
INFO:    Series: <None>
INFO:      Episode 'Back on Highway 61' (p03dzcf7)
INFO:      Episode 'John Lennon: Verbatim' (p039nlb9)
INFO:      Episode 'Lead Belly - A Secret History of Rock and Roll'
(p0380gkk)
INFO:      Episode 'Malaco Records Story' (p03g9g5w)
(snip)
INFO: Please run the command again using one of the above episode PIDs or to
get
 all programmes add the --pid-recursive option
=========================

and the above would have led you to:

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p0380g6h --pid-recursive

At the time of this writing, only one (p03dzcf7)
episode is available:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0380g6h/episodes/player
hence

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p0380g6h --pid-recursive

is identical in terms of episodes fetched with

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p03dzcf7

mentioned already in this thread...

If another episode of the brand is
broadcast in future, it'll remain in