BBC 3 goes off-air tonight.

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Tue Feb 16 14:00:49 PST 2016

On 16 Feb 2016 at 9:17, CJB CJB <chrisjbrady at gmail.com> wrote:

> To cater for the yoof market BBC 3 is going online only. However this
> is on the proviso that all ex-BBC 3 programmes are aired at least once
> on the 'mature' channels BBC 1 / 2 / 4.
>
> This latter is to the disgust of older than average licence fee payers
> - there's too much 'yoof' stuff on ITV as it is - now the Beeb is
> following the trend. Huh - just how many times do you want to watch
> "Don't Tell The Bride'? But that's moving to Sky 1 later this year.
>
> Anyway I've just done a GiP cache refresh for Radio and TV and the
> former was as long as usual, the latter quite short.
>
> BTW I wonder if the recent outages were caused by the Beeb engineers
> removing BBC 3 content from the iPlayer servers? The moot point being
> whether BBC 3 online content will be available via iPlayer and
> get_iplayer?
>
> Family Guy is moving to BBC 2 AND ITV 2!!! Yet American Dad seems to
> be left out.
>
> CJB

I can count on the fingers of one hand how many BBC3 programmes I have
watched in their entirety since it launched. Some seem interesting from TV
guide blurb, but after 1-7 minutes it is change channel time.

BBC4 used to be offer a reasonable range of programmes, but last year or so
it has degenerated to arty Yentob type rubbish.

Coming soon on BBC4 the Great British Paint By Numbers Another Renaissance