2.97 failing to produce files

Charles Johnson cehjohnson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:34:08 PST 2016

On 13/12/16 03:38, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Sun Dec 11 20:41:39 GMT 2016, Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>> that's done separately in a script and is just
>>
>> ffmpeg -i "${f}" $(basename "${f}").mp3
>
> So, to recap,  your original issue (failure to remux FLV audio files
> into MP4 container, after upgrading to GiP 2.97) was caused
> by the inability of your obsolete FFmpeg v0.8.18 to handle code
> introduced in 2.97 - upgrading to FFmpeg 3.2.2 rectified that issue.
Well, i'm now getting confused, having made so many changes. iirc
upgrading ffmpeg alone didn't fix the issue. Probably because at that
point i had a buggy 3.2.2

> Now, this is a second issue, unrelated to GiP itself,
> in that your FFmpeg 3.2.2 build  (on Debian Jessie)
> appears unable to transcode a HE-AACv1 m4a file
> (produced by GiP) to MP3.
>
> If this inability is global (for all flashaaclow files),
> the best course of action would be to report it to
> some place relevant, either to the Debian Jessie
> team or the FFmpeg mailing list
> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user/

Not just flashaaclow. Dash wouldn't work either. I can do some testing
on that as all i need do is revert my symlink to ffmpeg
> On Mon Dec 12 13:56:02 GMT 2016, Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>> I backed up ffmpeg 3.2.2, symlinked the latest build
>> from here https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
>> with /usr/bin/ffmpeg
>
> Apologies for being thick, but do you actually
> mean the latest git build (gedb4f5d built on 20161211)
> or latest 3.2.2 build offered by johnvansickle?
> (so as to determine whether the Debian Jessie
> flavour of 3.2.2 was at some fault or the 3.2.2
> code in general...)
It's the git one: ffmpeg-git-20161211-64bit-static
> On Mon Dec 12 10:14:30 GMT 2016, Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>> get_iplayer --mode=flashaaclow1 --start=0 --stop=0 --pid b084tjt3
>> --force --verbose --overwrite 2>&1 | tee b084tjt3.log
>
> Two comments:
>
>> --mode=flashaaclow1
>
> GiP will, by default, use the first CDN,
> so appending "1" to the mode is redundant;
> plus, if CDN 1 fails for whatever reason,
> no fallback to CDN 2 will be attempted...
Ah that's useful, thanks. Though i might be able to 'move on' from
flashaaclow, though don't really know why i'd want to ;)

>> --start=0 --stop=0
>
> Though I'm not seeing evidence of these being used
> in the linked log (perhaps they negate each other),
> why include them in the command to begin with?
> From the docs:
>
> --start <secs|hh:mm:ss>          Recording/streaming start offset
> --stop <secs|hh:mm:ss>           Recording/streaming stop offset

They are script placeholders actually. I have a whole superstructure of
scripting that happens above gip that gets stuff to put on my mp3 player
>> Thanks for the help
>
> You are welcome :-)
>
> Vangelis.

And  - thanks again!