Recover file from "failed to download segment"

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Dec 3 18:42:32 PST 2016

On Sun Dec 4 01:56:02 GMT 2016, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

> I've been looking through the ffmpeg docs
> and can't find any reference to "-v 8 -stats"

[Hi Alan, very late at night here...]

You haven't looked well :-)

http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Generic-options

 CTRL+F for "-loglevel" (5.2 Generic options)

http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Main-options

CTRL+F for "-stats"  (5.4 Main options)

"-v 8 -stats" supresses all ffmpeg output
except for "-stats" output; this combo is
needed in the event the partial.mp4.ts file
is derivative of a hvf tvmode, because in
that case higher ffmpeg verbosity floods
the command prompt window with warnings
about discrepancies in DTS/PTS
(decoding time stamps (DTS) and presentation time stamps (PTS)
- you can search for those yourself...).

> and "-bsf:a aac_adtstoasc"

http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Advanced-options

 CTRL+F for "-bsf"

"-bsf:a" (formerly -absf) is an audio filter to properly mux
the audio elementary stream (.aac) inside the MP4 container;
explore ffmpeg -bsfs

Stay away from overly conditioned
indoors, as we don't want a repeat of
last year's, do we?