Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Aug 16 14:03:20 PDT 2016

Maybe I'm missing something, but I find that incredible.  The Mac is sold as
a machine which allows creative people to create without having to bother
with technicalities.  If I search for Linux traffic management or Windows
traffic management I can see that there are programs which do that sort of
thing, but they are only needed if I want to do clever things like running a
heavily loaded server where the load has to be balanced between processes.
I have 5 programs open on my task bar and 58 processes.  Windows allocates
resources between them as they demand them without my even having to think
about it, and has been doing a reasonable job of it since Windows 95.  Maybe
you and David are doing clever things with your machines, but then I don't
understand why you would run get_iplayer on the same machine.

My inclination would be to buy a Raspberry Pi and run get_iplayer on that.