Audio/Video Out of Sync

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 09:41:56 PDT 2016

> But they want people to shift away from using Akamai, so may not be
> concerned. I don't use the standard BBC webpage interfaces, etc, these days
> so have no idea if current browsers or BBC apps are being affected by this.
> If they are, I'd have expected an outcry by now as this has been happening
> for weeks.

Browsers use HDS so probably aren't affected. They are served by both Akamai and Limelight so are probably on the "current" system so the BBC are probably packaging these streams themselves. I think iPads etc now use the HVF streams so again probably are not affected.

Akamai is still a major part of iPlayer. Between it and Limelight they serve all the HDS, HVF (current HLS) and Flash streams.