Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 07:30:19 PDT 2016

In article
<trinity-dcdd9480-0170-4a93-b750-becfdd1a5987-1471267573685 at 3capp-mailcom-bs16>,
   tellyaddict <tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> > I can only speculate here, but: It might be the case that some of
> > Akamai's non-BBC 'clients' are wanting the changes for some reasons of
> > their own.

> Why would anyone ask for broken streams though?

I can't tell, I'm speculating. But they may have been changed in a specific
way that their clients expect and deal with, and gives them something
useful. If the changes are expected and planned by somebody and they are
handling them, then they may not regard this as 'broken' at all.

> > Or they stem from an arrangement the BBC aren't party to. They might
> > be dealing with it in some way which the BBC aren't aware of.

> The BBC would be quite a big client to upset.

But they want people to shift away from using Akamai, so may not be
concerned. I don't use the standard BBC webpage interfaces, etc, these days
so have no idea if current browsers or BBC apps are being affected by this.
If they are, I'd have expected an outcry by now as this has been happening
for weeks.

I have no idea if any of the above is the case. If it isn't then we have to
reverse the questions and ask why Akamai clients aren't all pounding on
Akamai and forcing them to return to business as usual? If they *are* then
Akamai do seem a little slow in dealing with this. If so, that won't help
their reputation with future potential clients.

Jim