Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Aug 14 06:54:40 PDT 2016

In article <000101d1f62e$5c323da0$1496b8e0$@macfh.co.uk>, MacFH - C E
Macfarlane <c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk> wrote:

> ... and, as Jim has said, it's a legacy system, so why would they be
> changing it?  It's not impossible of course, but doesn't seem likely if
> it's deprecated and due to be discontinued anyway.

It is possible that a part of the problem is that the BBC aren't doing the
segmenting, etc, for Akamai, and can't directly check what is being done on
it. Thus some recent change might be the cause, but the BBC won't know what
the change has been.

The puzzle is why we get inconsistencies in which items are affected, and
why some later 'recover' whilst others don't. It may be someone is simply
dealing 'by hand' with problems they notice have time to deal with, but
haven't dealt (or found) the cause.

But in the end I assume the correct response is to cease needing the
'deprecated' old arrangements anyway.

Jim