Audio/Video Out of Sync

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Sat Aug 13 13:31:48 PDT 2016

It depends what you want. As Richard has said, flashhd and hlshd are pretty much equal to eachother BUT we now know that HLS is on a legacy system and Flash is due to be phased out at some point.

All the HLS options run at 25fps but are only supplied by Akamai who (at least for the time being) aren't packaging them in any useable way.

The only options on the "current system" are the HVF modes. Most of these though will give you a 50fps video. In the case of hvfhd, you will end up with a download thats 1280x720 50fps. But that 50fps frame rate will make an HD download about double the size of the current flashhd streams which are only 25fps. If you want something that is roughly the same file size as the flashhd streams and are happy to settle for something that isn't HD resolution, you can use hvfsd which will give you a 960x540 50fps download. This is what iPlayer currently uses when you stream in HD.