Olympics 2016 RedButton content, offered as catch-up

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sat Aug 13 12:30:12 PDT 2016

The transformation in my case is that iPlayer has ruined the Olympics for me. We used to get a daily highlights show on an HD channel between 30 mins and an hour long, that I recorded on my PVR and watched later. Now I have to find stuff myself from a set of 2 minute highlight clips, which show so little of each event as to rob them of any drama and tension. Furthermore the picture quality is significantly worse than Freeview HD, there's pixelisation all over the place in fast moving parts. Yes the full events are there but I have to go hunting for them, and I've given up several times because it takes a while to trawl through finding stuff.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK