Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 09:42:36 PDT 2016

In article
<trinity-11f1d3b0-b531-4bb6-850e-f5476fe026c4-1471008906170 at 3capp-mailcom-bs12>,
   tellyaddict <tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jim, How many times did your first command fail?

The command strings I use with my simple programmable fetcher are:

 sprintf(commandstring,"%s --type=tv --mode=best  --no-tag --pid %s
--attempts=2 --output %s\n",giputliname,pid,videooutdirname);

and

sprintf(commandstring,"%s --tvmode=hlsbest  --no-tag --pid %s --force
--attempts=2 --output %s\n",giputliname,pid,videooutdirname);

for these two methods. (The first %s gives the location of the version of
gip I've set for it to use. The second obviously adds the pid from the file
the program works though to fetch a list of items.)

(FWIW there are some other modes which I use for radio and for thing like
the old exclusion of akamai.)

A short time ago I had another try.

This time the 'old' (i.e. non-HLS method) worked OK and I seem to have to
full programme at 1280x720. When reprocessing at the end of the fetch it
did throw up four time values but didn't specify any errors. A quick look
at the specified times didn't show any problems.

So I assume that there is a fair chance that a forced retry this morning
may have worked OK, but I can't be sure.

A failure (e.g. I tried the HLS and it ended after about 30 sec) can mean
it gives *no* output file, but saves into the record details as if it
worked, so any futher attempt has to be forced, or I delete the file that
lists what has been 'downloaded'.

Jim