GiP-2.95-develop & list archives

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Thu Apr 7 04:39:27 PDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 12:26:32 +0100, Paul Phillips wrote:

>> Nearly all downloads are hls with two to four times the bit rate.
>> Part of that slowness is from perl doing a main part of the work.

Having started on the 'net with dialup @ 2400 baud setting something going
and letting it get on with it overnight or longer isn't a problem...

> Is the picture quality better then and would you recommend it?

That went through my mind as well. "HD" at around 2.5 Mbps isn't very good,
if these HLS downloads are HD @ 5 to 10 Mbps the double realtime they'll
take to download over our 4 Mbps connection will be worth it. <mental note>
Think about getting a bigger HD for the media player.  B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.