Outlook Express 6 on WinXP and this list

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Apr 7 02:57:49 PDT 2016

If you Google "550 verification failed" you will see some possible causes of
the error message d4x is getting.  In general it is not a fault of the
sender's email client.  It may be that TalkTalk has not set up the address
records correctly on its email server.  Good luck in getting TalkTalk to put
it right.  Has d4x tried setting up an account with one of the free email
providers like Gmail or Yahoo?

It is not a good idea to be dependent solely on an email address provided by
an ISP.  My first ever email address was with CiX.  I carried on using it
for a year or more after I left CiX.  It was suddenly withdrawn without
notice, causing me huge inconvenience.  I have just moved from Plusnet to
Virgin Media.  I got an email the day before my notice period expired
telling me my Plusnet mailbox had been closed.  Fortunately I have never
used it.