xinetd and get_iplayer.cgi

iz ilainftw at gmx.com
Thu Sep 10 08:40:57 PDT 2015

> Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 at 1:16 PM
> From: "Sam Lewis" <stroboscopicallyconfluent at yahoo.co.uk>
> I get the following output on my web browser: "CMD STEDRR: mkdir /plugins: Permissions denied at /home/me/opt/get_iplayer/get_iplayer line 2200."

I haven't tried exactly the same thing, but I think the issues are the same as I found with CGI deployment.  There are a couple of things to do:

1. Log in as "me" and run get_iplayer once (with no arguments) to create and seed its config directory, incl. downloading plugin files.

2. Set HOME for the spawned server environment in xinetd.conf. get_iplayer wants to access its config directory at $HOME/.get_iplayer.