Why is '-- type radio' needed?

J j at mailsorter.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 02:58:16 PDT 2015

David Cantrell wrote:
> When I download stuff why do I have to tell GiP that I want a radio
> programme?

<snip>

Users not in the UK and possibly on a slower connection than the UK
norms may well seek to download only those non-TV programmes properly
made available to them so may have GiP initially launched with
--type=radio in the command to avoid refresh of a TV cache and 'type
radio' specified in each pvr file.

Given that updating of the TV cache may take quite some time, is it
actually reasonable to mandate that GiP maintains their TV cache so as
to allow auto-resolution of the type of a search string?