Why is '-- type radio' needed?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Oct 12 06:11:52 PDT 2015

When I download stuff why do I have to tell GiP that I want a radio
programme?

$ get_iplayer --pid b069b676 --type radio

PIDs are unique, so there can not be, under any circumstances, both
radio and TV programmes with the same PID so there is no possible
ambiguity if I leave out the '--type radio'.

Surely that should only be necessary in cases where there is ambiguity.

Even something like this shouldn't require it, as there is no clash
between TV and radio programmes:

$ get_iplayer --get --search "highway 61" --type radio

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

     If you can't imagine how I do something, it's
     because I have a better imagination than you