BBC iPlayer cracks down and blocks VPN users

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 05:23:25 PDT 2015

On 09/10/15 11:59, CJB wrote:
> https://www.vpncompare.co.uk/bbc-iplayer-cracks-down-and-blocks-vpn-users/

On an entirely technical point it is clearly not all VPNs - I have just
tested with 2 different ones that I can use and neither are currently
blocked.

Both are VPNs with endpoints I control and are not through commercial
services. So perhaps they are just targeting the major VPN providers
such as the one mentioned above.

Clearly an issue if you are a BBC licence paying UK user with a VPN in
the UK to which this is relevant.

Not entering into the debate about inside/outside UK etc which is indeed
off topic.

B. Rgds
John