BBC iPlayer cracks down and blocks VPN users

George Eycott george at eycott.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 05:19:05 PDT 2015

> So as a UK resident who can’t receive TV so I don’t pay for a TV licence you
> think I should be regarded as a thief ? nice… Perhaps you should check the
> current legal situation of the licence fee before accusing folk of stealing.

You know when you wish you hadn't bothered..... OK, so yes there is a loophole where people don’t need a license fee to watch catch up television which will undoubtedly change soon as it clearly is an anachronism from before such services existed. So yes technically you are not stealing (even though you are getting something for nothing) and I apologise for the implied accusation.

> And then perhaps stay on topic on the list ?

Indeed - back to using get_iplayer through a VPN while in the UK (if anyone actually wants to discuss that)...... The whole point of my first reply!