Re: The Battle Of Britain At 75‏

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 1 10:39:34 PDT 2015

> What is the actual cmd line to grab the HD version please?
>
> I'm using get_iplayer --tvmode=hlshd --output=F:\iPlayer --pid=p0332j3h which fails.
Nearly there. What you are trying to do there is use a VPID (Video PID) with the PID switch which won't work. 1 PID can have a number of different VPIDs. Signed, audio described and standard versions will all have their own VPID but we don't need to use the VPIDs as GiP works all those out for itself.

You need to use the PID that appears in the programmes web address which in this case is b06ckvws

Using that PID with the rest of your command as it is should work. You will see it skipping the standard programmes to get to the one that does have HD available.