BBC Web Documentary: Heroes ....

Nick Payne nick.payne at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 26 22:38:55 PST 2015

On 27/11/2015 2:10 AM, Rochford, Steve wrote:
>> Now for this morning's BBC News item about the exhibition of photos from the Shackleton voyage in 1915.
> Completely OT, but if you're anywhere near London then do call into the Royal Geographical Society on Exhibition Road to see the photos - the exhibition is free and absolutely superb!

That sounds like pretty much the same collection of George Hurley's
photographs that I saw at the National Geographic headquarters in
Washington about 15 years ago. Really well worth seeing - and I thought
one of the highlights was that on the way out from the exhibition
gallery, one walked into a fairly small room containing the actual
clinker-built open boat in which Shackleton and five of his crew sailed
to South Georgia to organise rescue for the rest of the crew back on
Elephant Island.