GiP mp4s and Panasonic PVR

Nick Payne nick.payne at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 22 03:42:52 PST 2015

I recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-HWT250 PVR, which can also function
as a DLNA client - I run Serviio on my PC as the server. I can use the
DLNA client on the PVR to play MP4s I create myself, but if I try to
play any of the MP4s downloaded by GiP, I just get a "Please wait"
message on the TV screen and the file never starts playing.

I re-encoded a couple of the GiP MP4s using VidCoder (which uses
HandBrake as its encoding engine), and then copied the re-encoded MP4s
over the ones downloaded by GiP, and those re-encoded MP4s play through
the DLNA client without any problem...

I'm running GiP 2.94 on Windows, and the command I use is just

get_iplayer --pid=nnnnnnnn --modes=hlsbest

Any suggestions on any command line options I can try to get around this
problem?

Nick