Audacity, get_iplayer & Windows 10

Rochford, Steve s.rochford at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 00:52:55 PST 2015

> P.S. Just got Malwarebytes to removed 139 PUP files - great free trial of on-time monitoring. MS Security Essentials missed them all.

You're comparing apples and oranges or something like that :-)

PUP is generally not the same as Malware - you may not want a program which pops up offers to sell you cheap sunglasses or whatever but it's not malware in the sense that it won't encrypt your machine or steal your banking passwords. Having said that, MBAM is an amazing bit of software and I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you can take an image backup of your computer and you've got a day to spare then it might be worth trying Windows 10 - it doesn't seem to use more resources than Windows 7. I regularly swap between Windows 7 and 10 (and Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat and Oracle Linux!) and find that I prefer 10 to 7; various bits and pieces just seem to work better.

Steve