GIP on Western Digital MyCloud

HDR Partridge hdr.partridge at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 15 01:07:26 PST 2015

Roger, thanks for the quick reply and pointers.

I have now learnt that while the MyCloud firmware is Debian Wheezy, it
has been built with 64K page size memory rather than the standard 4k.
So while apt-get and access to the Debian repository is there, any
packages do not run on the MyCloud.  So anything needs cross-compiling
which I will need a bunch more time to investigate!  Link here in case
helpful for anyone else:
https://community.wd.com/t/guide-building-packages-for-the-new-firmware-someone-tried-it/93382/19

I then tried cpan as per your second suggestion.  While this begins to
run on the MyCloud, it then exits with errors around missing makefile:
-----------------------
Uncompressed /home/mycloud/.cpan/sources/authors/id/H/HA/HAARG/local-lib-2.000018.tar.gz
successfully
Using Tar:/bin/tar xf "local-lib-2.000018.tar":
Couldn't untar local-lib-2.000018.tar
Package seems to come without Makefile.PL.
  (The test -f "/home/mycloud/.cpan/build/HAARG-AShzGW/Makefile.PL"
returned false.)
  Writing one on our own (setting NAME to unknown)
  Had problems unarchiving. Please build manually
Running make test
  Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install
Can't locate local/lib.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/home/mycloud/perl5/lib/perl5 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr)
at /usr/share/perl/5.14/CPAN/FirstTime.pm line 1300.