GIP on Western Digital MyCloud

HDR Partridge hdr.partridge at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:33:27 PST 2015

Dear all, first post here....been using GIP on Linux for many years,
so firstly thanks to the developers and maintainers :-)

Just bought a Western Digital MyCloud NAS drive.  Has anyone
successfully got GIP working on this?  I was thinking that I could use
this nicely via ssh also to record programmes when away from home and
store directly on the MyCloud rather than copying across.

Firstly I can ssh into the MyCloud and download the get_iplayer
script, no problem.

perl itself is installed on the MyCloud out of the box, with the
following version:
perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2) built for
arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int

But when I run the get_iplayer script I get this error:
------------------
Can't locate HTML/Entities.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./get_iplayer line 61.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./get_iplayer line 61.

I'm not a perl expert, so will do some digging into @INC and
non.standard perl installs, as the MyCloud one may be I guess.

But in the meantime any ideas and/or prompts how to get GIP working on
MyCloud would be gratefully received!

Will update if I have any success.

Thanks in advance