GiP is ignoring lots of radio progs

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Nov 7 14:50:05 PST 2015

On Sat Nov 7 20:14:06 GMT 2015, CJB wrote:

> I have now checked at the iPlayer site
> and there are lots of Hancock episodes to download.

... Lots equals the following 5:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009t2ld/episodes/player

The most stale of them, due to expire imminently,
is Series 5, Episode 8 (of 20), (S05E08) :

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007jsqv

first broadcast Tue 23 Oct 2007 08:00,
last broadcast Fri 9 Oct 2015 19:00.

Episodes 8 through to 11 were last broadcast on R4X
more than a week ago, so, as pointed out by SP,
are not to be found now inside the radio.cache file.

S05E12 (pid=b00898pr) was
first broadcast Tue 20 Nov 2007 08:00,
last broadcast Fri 06 Nov 2015 19:00.

> I have done a manual search for Name='hancock'
> and also Pid=b00898pr, yet nothing gets listed.

Not the case here;
get_iplayer --type=radio -f --force
followed by:
get_iplayer --type=radio Hancock
or
get_iplayer --type=radio pid:b00898pr

quickly identifies last Friday's episode:

Matches:
11364:  Hancock's Half Hour: Series 5 - East Cheam Drama Festival, BBC Radio
4 E
xtra,

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

 The cause of your issue may lie elsewhere;
was your "Hancock" PVR search executed
successfully and - most importantly - are you sure
the radio cache was properly renewed before each time
that search was run?
All those Hancock episodes you've missed must have
stayed each for 7 days inside the cache - if the beeb
changed something at their end and the AOD feed was
broken with regards to "Hancock" and other of your
radio likings (unlikely), then that would've been
a far-fetched explanation... Methinks your issue
is caused by failing to refresh the radio cache,
or a corrupt radio.cache file - if manual refresh
fails, perge the file manually

%USERPROFILE%\.get_iplayer\radio.cache

and rebuild anew...

PS: There's no imperative need to enclose a one-word
search argument within quotes - if it wasn't a typo,
'Hancock' (inside simple quotes) will get you nowhere,
at least on Windows, because GiP will search literally
for "'Hancock'" and thus fail:

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --type=radio 'Hancock'
get_iplayer v2.94, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details
use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: 0 Matching Programmes