OT Live Streaming Radio 4 News

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu May 28 09:49:45 PDT 2015

On Thu May 28 15:25:38 BST 2015, CJB wrote:

> Try Hola - its a VPN app. that fools the Beeb's servers
> into believing that the user is in the UK.

With due respect Chris,
how is this related to Andrew's original query?

>> Does the demise of RMTP mean that g_ip
>> may cease to be able to handle on demand audio?

Moreover,  judging from Andrew's email address,
I can tell he's based in the UK, so a UK VPN is
totally irrelevant here...

Also, earlier in this very thread, you posted:

> Maybe try connecting via a VPN app. like Hola?
> This would allow viewing of t.v. progs too.

as a reply to Budgie's Radio 4 issue, who is also
located physically in the UK...

If you were a first time poster to the list,
I'd definitely say you are spamming the list
with Hola plugs... Please stop doing it...

(And I personally have no problem with it,
but both the list maintainer (David Woodhouse)
and the code maintainer (dinkypumpkin - sadly
no longer posts here) have made it clear
that mention of geo-blocking circumvention
methods is not tolerated - especially in a public
list that is indexed by Google and, most probably,
monitored by BBC personnel...)

Regards,
V.