pvr search term no longer works

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 10:33:14 PDT 2015

On 20/03/15 16:17, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> Budgie <ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to record Afternoon on 3 - Thursday Opera Matinee using pvr
>> and gip v2.92.  After some patient help from dinkypumpkin in April 2013
>> with the command required to add to pvr list:-
>>
>> get_iplayer --pvradd --type=radio --fields=episode "Thursday Opera Matinee"
>
> The operand   --fields   means   search only in the named field(s)/columns
> of the data in the cache file.
>
> Previously the programme "Afternoon on 3" had values like
>
>    Thursday Opera Matinee - Verdi La Traviata
>
> in the episode field, so your search worked.  However, now there's several
> programme names for Afternoon on 3, eg this week we have:
>
>   Afternoon on 3: BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
>   Afternoon on 3: German Radio Orchestras
>   Afternoon on 3: Thursday Opera Matinee
>
> and the episode column gives specific details of the content of such a
> programme.
>
> For you I think you maybe just have to stop telling the PVR to look in the
> episode column, as I think it will look in the programme name column by
> default.

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the confirmation that things seem to have changed.  I have
been doing a bit of further investigation and understand the position as
follows:-

Afternoon on 3 is on every week day and there have always been episodes
of which the Thursday Opera Matinee was one, hence dinkypumpkin's advice
back in the day.

What appears to have changed is the status of Thursday Opera Matinee
which seems to be a programme in it's own right rather than an episode.
  Hence a search now on Thursday Opera Matinee yields a result when
previously it didn't.

I have revised my pvr search list accordingly as you suggest and hope it
will work.  Meanwhile downloaded the operas I missed using --pid.

Many thanks for the guidance.
Alastair.