radio sample rates.

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 12:28:08 PDT 2015

In article <mpro.nlbfzt001jhy000rs at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>, Jeremy
Nicoll - ml get_iplayer <jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> > ... but 2.91 gets me 48k files with a different filename syntax

> Output filenames are entirely dependent on G_ip options; either one sets
> them explicitly oneself from a mix of template & literal data (as I do),
> or one has a default template applied.

That's fair enough. I assume that means the default has changed between
2.90 and 2.91 as I used the same command line options

> If you haven't already done so you should read the release notes for
> each successive version of G_ip to see how the values extracted from
> metadata have changed.  See:
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/releasenotes

I didn't find anything on a change in sample rate when I read the notes a
while ago. But I did find reading awkward using NetSurf because the
definition of <code> seems on those pages to cause it to render as black
text in a black rectangle! So I may have missed it. I assume this is a
NetSurf problem. (This is using the RO NetSurf.)

However regardless of if it is a change in gip default or not, my real
curiosity is over if the 48k is 'upstream' of the 44.1k or not on the
servers. I suspect it is, but haven't yet found out.

Jim