radio sample rates.

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 07:33:42 PDT 2015

In article <54a534bf53web at audiomisc.co.uk>, Jim web
<web at audiomisc.co.uk>
wrote:

> It shows the results I got from the 44.1k output of FF+Flash back in
> 2009. The 320 aac stream was pretty clean. (Afraid the FFTs were done
> with simple windows, so a bit frizzy.) Wherever it was being done, any
> 48k -> 44.1k was being done well.

I've just found an old email from someone on the 'nemesis' side of the
Iplayer development where he told me that - at that time (2009) - the Flash
plugin couldn't cope with 48k and downsampled it to 44.1k. So they'd got
the servers to generate 44.1k to send as they'd do a better job of it.

I'll try to find out if that's still the case. I've ended up deciding to
try and write a potted 'technical history' of the iplayer development. So
I'll take this elsewhere as not 'on topic' for this list unless people are
interested.

Jim