FW: help please concerning command prompt.....lol

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Mar 14 15:24:07 PDT 2015

On Sat Mar 14 21:43:47 GMT 2015, Bob McLellan wrote:

> I knew how to open the CMD Prompt window,
> I just did not know how to navigate to the get_iplayer
> and to get it to work within this environment.

Hi.
If you used the windows installer and you are in Win <=7
(I don't know how this is implemented in Win8+), then

Start -> All Programmes -> get_iplayer (folder) ->
expand the folder -> Get_iPlayer (shortcut)

will open the command prompt window in
GiP's installation directory by default.
The above shortcut actually runs (on Win32):

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k get_iplayer.cmd --search dontshowanymatches
&& get_iplayer.cmd --help

and "get_iplayer.cmd" found inside the instalation directory runs:

@echo off
perl.exe get_iplayer.pl %*

For convenience, I have sent a copy of
Get_iPlayer.lnk
to my desktop and I am invoking GiP from there...

(And instead of typing every GiP command by hand,
I have made some template commands for
audio/video content kept inside a .txt file
and after a simple small change (e.g. pid & mode)
I just copy/paste the new cmd onto the CPW...)
Hope this is helpful...

Regards,
Vangelis.