BBC Archive - Great Egg race download problems

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Mar 10 15:45:36 PDT 2015

Forwarded to the list from a private e-mail
(which I guess was destined for the list):

On Tue Mar 10 08:01 GMT 2015, Jimmy Aitken wrote:

>> perl get_iplayer-develop-2.92-g9f5ff59.pl
>> --url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/great_egg_race/10801.shtml" --modes=best
>> --swfurl="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576" --raw
>> --force
>> succeeds when issued from a UK IP.
>> Link to the latest version of the script from the "develop" branch:
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/9f5ff598714f704c9fe2030dc579e3d281504dc3/get_iplayer

 Excellent.  I'm in the UK so there were no issues with geolocation,
but I just wasn't using the correct version of magic command line.

 I've just downloaded the linked version, successfully downloaded,
converted to mp4 and watched.  Wonderful.

 Many thanks for the command line options to get this down.
Also, much appreciation to all who did the work and took the time to reply.

Jimmy.