Episode numbers missing

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon Mar 9 14:53:40 PDT 2015

It's not on all of the programmes. It only seems to be the case where
the episode has a number and a title.

An example of where there is a problem is "Great British Railway
Journeys". The title field used to be in the format:
19: Place A to place B
Now it's just:
Place A to place B

So where you have a multi-part series it becomes a job putting the
episodes into order. There are quite a few programmes like this. I
notice that when gip seeks the programme it has the full details but
that seems to get lost when the file is downloaded!

But there are other programmes where the episode doesn't have name that
the title field merely shows:
Episode 3.

I'm nearing the end of a two month stay in the Philippines - I've been
accessing my PC back home using TeamViewer to set up recordings on my
home PC for programmes I want to download. It's too onerous trying to
amend the file names manually when I'm working on a painfully slow
internet connection here in the Philippines. So it will mean going back
over the archives to try to put episodes into order when I get home!

I'll try your suggestions when I get home, many thanks.

Alan