Dude, where's my Top Gear news item ...

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 16:28:00 PST 2015

> Just had occasion to re-download Top Gear, series 22 epi 5.  It now comes in a few minutes shorter than the version I grabbed nearer transmission.  A bit of comparing, and it seems that a jokey item on VW golf warnings has been removed.  But - and this is the thing - the iplayer view-in-browser version still has it in its original form. Any thoughts on why the source that G-Ip uses would be adulterated in this manner, or how to get the web version?
>
> Mable

Looking at --info on it it looks like there are 2 working versions available. editorial and shortened. Editorial HD is 1069 MB compared to the shortened HD version at 1030MB. Default is a non working version just containing subtitles so get_iplayer tries the next available version and appears to go for shortened. As that works it doesn't try for the editorial version.

If you want the slightly longer one, you will have to put it in the command. eg. get_iplayer --pid b05469cm --modes=best --versions=editorial