Subscriptions disabled due to bounces.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jun 22 14:33:41 PDT 2015

On Mon Jun 22 16:19:33 BST 2015, David Woodhouse wrote:

> a couple of virus-laden ZIP files made it through to the list.
> I'll investigate why the virus scanner didn't catch them,

 Hello David :-)

Unfortunately, if one browses the main infradead archive for this month:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-June/date.html

one can count seven (7) spam e-mails with zip attachments :-(
The subject line of those has obviously no relation whatsoever
to GiP, so I was never tempted to open them, still, as you say,
they bypassed your filter...
On the other hand, the back-up archive provided by mailman:

http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/maillist.html

appears to have blocked them successfully...
I am not complaining about anything, just pointing the
difference between the two GiP archives...
I never felt the need to post a zip attachment to the list
over the last four years, if you deem banning such
attachments will be a cure for those spam e-mails,
then I'm all for it...
Finally, what type of attachments, except for .txt,
are actually allowed in this list? I think this is not
documented in the list netiquette...

Very much indebted for this invaluable service
you continue to provide!

Kind regards,
Vangelis.