GetIPlayer PVR not working from cron

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 14:11:57 PDT 2015

>     Looks like a PATH problem.  Check that you've only got one (working)
>     version of rtmpdump, though that may be a red herring; more
>     importantly check that the path set in your crontab is the same as the
>     path you use at the command line.

Thanks, but while you *might* be right, and I'll try and think of a way of testing what the path actually is for something called from crontab, my first reaction is that I don't think that can be correct ...

	:-)	There is only one version, v2.4, of rtmpdump on the machine and it seems to be on the path
			~ # which rtmpdump
			/opt/share/bin/rtmpdump
			~ # rtmpdump --help
			RTMPDump v2.4
			(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
			<etc>
	:-)	It's also set in /root/.get_iplayer/options correctly
			~ # grep rtmpdump .get_iplayer/options
			rtmpdump /opt/share/bin/rtmpdump

... and as when the pvr is run from crontab it successfully updates the caches in /root/.get_iplayer, I presume (perhaps unwisely?) that it's alse reading the options file from there.

>     It's probably just a case of adding
>
>     PATH=/whatever/...

Thanks, I'll do some more investigating when the current downloads begun from the console have finished.

Regards,
Charles Macfarlane