DOS Path

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Jun 18 14:35:38 PDT 2015

On Thu Jun 18 19:01:14 BST 2015, CJB wrote:

> to add get_iplayer to a computer's PATH$
> Then the CML version would be a tad easier to use

Hi...
What's wrong with the way the windows installer of GiP
set up things for you?
When you run the "Get_iPlayer" shortcut, you actually run:

"cmd /k get_iplayer.cmd --search dontshowanymatches &&
get_iplayer.cmd --help"

in the GiP installation folder (for win32 this is:
"C:\Program Files\get_iplayer") - why have it otherwise?
get_iplayer.cmd is located therein and actually runs:

@echo off
perl.exe get_iplayer.pl %*

perl.exe & get_iplayer.pl also in the same folder...

What exactly do you want to add to the PATH
and how do you plan to invoke the CLI?
I might be wrong, but if you plan
(for brevity) to use "get_iplayer.cmd", then
all three "get_iplayer.cmd", "perl.exe" & "get_iplayer.pl"
should be added...
And do you have an installed version of Perl?
I suspect not, but it would cause conflicts
if you also added GiP's version in the PATH...

Just my 2pence...

Kind regards...