Localhost not starting up ...

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sat Jun 6 13:12:15 PDT 2015

On 6 Jun 2015 at 17:03, Owen Smith Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
wrote:

> msmpeng.exe goes mad occasionally consuming 100% cpu, usually after scanning the entire hard disc. A quick reboot of
> the machine fixes it without compromising security. Your fix leaves you wide open, you have disabled your virus scanner
> unless you have others running. But that would mean you would have had multiple running previously, which isn't a good
> idea either.

AV software is not needed if you are sensible. I have none installed on any
PC and all are clean. I do a weekly scan with malwarebytes and if it finds
anything it is invariably a pup. Monthly I run an online housecall or
bitdefender scan - never found anything.

Scanning incoming email is not necessary either - even Microsoft has stated
this.

-----

Web Hosting and VPS provided by HostSlim
https://clients.hostslim.eu/aff.php?aff=079