Localhost not starting up ...

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:41:36 PDT 2015

Thank you for the links. Yes - it was a resources issue. Now Gip
flies, and other web pages open up immediately.

There were two culprits - hogging 100% of the cpu - that I've now got rid of.

Using Task manager and Resource Manager the hogs were:

1/ msmpeng.exe - an anti-malware executable from MSE or MS Defender.
Using MSConfig this has now been disabled - never to be restarted; and

2/ an Abode Acrobat plugin for Chrome - two versions of which were
running and both hogging 100% of the cpu. These have now been closed
down.

No wonder nothing else ojuld run, the above apps were causing the cpu
to remain at 100%, with a huge amount of disk accessing which I
presume was the swap file paging.

Now all is well - and I can even download Springwatch!!!

CJB.